[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 and Earthlink

Kevin L. Hill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 11:37:54 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 05:53:24 -0500, Allan McLane wrote:

>Try Port 587 for smtpauth.
>
>On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:06:46 -0800 (PST), Kevin L. Hill wrote:
>

>I cannot send a message through Earthlink's SMTP server.
>Server:  smtpauth.earthlink.net
>Port:  25
>Server requires authentication:  Checked

Allen,,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried using port 587 but it made
no difference.

I called Earthlink tech support and they also suggested
trying port 587.  Of course no one there knows anything
about OS/2 or PMMail/2 so they had no other specific
suggestions.

The error message: "Authentication failed because
no suitable method was found ; " has no error number and
suggests that PMMail/2 may not understand the
authentication protocol being used.  The error is recorded
immediately after pressing "send".

Hopefully someone on this list knows if it is possible to
use PMMail/2 with Earthlink's authenticated SMTP.

Thanks again for your help.

Kevin L. Hill
Long Beach, CA