[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 and Earthlink

Kevin L. Hill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:44:11 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 15:10:20 -0700 (MST), Ann Knight wrote:

>>I am evaluating a new dialup account using Earthlink.net.
>>
>>I cannot send a message through Earthlink's SMTP server.
>>Server:  smtpauth.earthlink.net
>>Port:  25
>>Server requires authentication:  Checked
>>
>>User ID and password are correct.
>
>[snip]
>
> I've used Pmmail/2 with Earthlink for years, have had no problems. I
>do not have "server requires authentication" checked, and just use
>"smtp.earthlink.net" for smtp server.

Ann,

Thanks for the info.  I tried using smtp.earthlink.net without
authentication and it worked just fine!

All of their current documentation refers to the smtpauth server - - and
they are encouraging customers to change over.  If you read my last
email, you see that I found a solution for the smtpauth server as well.
So, if required to use it, we can.

Thanks again for your help.

Kevin L. Hill
Long Beach, CA