[pmmail-list] alright, I've had enough ...

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:57:11 +0200

----Original Message----
From: pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
[mailto:pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com]On Behalf Of Xav
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2005 11:21 AM
To: Sorin Srbu
Subject: [pmmail-list] alright, I've had enough ...

> Hello Sorin,
>
> Wednesday, June 22, 2005, 7:30:44 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Outlook Express is rather good as a lightweight mail client (as in
>> built-in and available on most, if not all windows computers)...
Never
>> thought I'd had to admit that...
>

> And because it is so "helpful", the greatest viri spreader in the
> known universe.
>
> The Bat! is immensely configurable, perhaps too much so.  However, I
> ws able to set it up and import all my messages from PMMail without
> problem.  It is also still being developed and there is a very active
> beta list.  I still prefer the GUI of PMMail but it had started to
> fail to display some messages properly (html?). Filters very easy to
> set up on TB and it sure opens up very quickly.

I don't want to start any flamewar here and now. Suffice it say that
these rumours, (or facts if you wish) about Outlook spreading viruses
probably were quite true a few years back, but are now to be considered
urban legends. In everyday use neither version of the outlooks, be it
the express or the "regular" one, are better or worse than any other
mailer available on the market.

The Bat does some things good, and some in a bad way. It's the user's
preference and/or the upper managment's, who has to part with the money,
really.

TTFN.