[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 19:28:42 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 10:54:28 -0800, Don Buska wrote:

>I was actually running PMMAIL under OS/2 off the server here at work.
>Everything was on the server (executable and all).  That way if my
desktop
>system crashed I lost nothing.  The server was backed up nightly!  So
>needed NETBIOS over TCP/IP on my machine and NETBEUI on the server to
see
>the network drives

What? This just doesn't make sense. You need EITHER Netbios over TCP/IP
on both ends OR Netbios/Netbeui (whatever you want to call it) on both
ends.
You don't get anything with Netbios over TCP/IP on your machine and
Netbeui on the server.... absolutely nothing.

It is still irrelevant as to whether you can use PMMail or not. Once
you have got a network drive by whatever protocol, you just carry on as
always.

>So my only choices would be to move all my PMMAIL stuff back to the
desktop.

No it's not. You have failed to grasp the point.

>Which may not help if they eventually remove the POP/SMTP support

That's a different issue.

>I've been using
>Outlook now for around five months on a WIN2K laptop at work.

That probably explains why there were 2 copies of your message on the
list.

>So thus my NETBEUI statement.

Sorry, it's wrong.