[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

pmm2tb pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 01:21:42 +0100

Hi,

On 08.03.2005 11:16, Sorin Srbu wrote:

> I'm sorry to say this, but I can't linger on with PMMail anymore.
> Time has finally run away from it...

> The new reommended mailer at our department is currently Eudora,
> but will be substituted to Outlook (OL) in a really near future.

> The problem however, is that I can't find a way to export all my
> years worth of mail from PMM to something OL can understand.

Simple answer: there is no such thing as a useful and convenient
converter from PMMail-to-whatsoever but PMM2TB, which converts from
PMMail to Thunderbird (or Mozilla).

I expect you to stick with TB (or Mozilla). If you still think you need
to give OL a try you probably will have better luck with a search for
some TB-to-Outlook converter afterwards.

PMM2TB can be downloaded at http://www.dahlem.name/pmm2tb.zip

There is one open issue reported by George Stachovskis: if any folder
name contains characters like "<", ">" or a trailing ".", PMM2TB fails
miserably. I will correct this in the next release. Meanwhile please
rename your folders accordingly before conversion.

Regards,
        Robert