[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:36:00 -0800

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 04:56:28 -0800, Don Buska wrote:

>I too would be interested in such a conversion.  I have many-many years
>worth of PM Mail I'd love to convert over.  I still use PMMAIL for my
>private accounts on both OS/2 and W2K.  Like Sorin we have recently started
>migrating the servers here at work to WIN2003 Servers.  No NetBeui on these
>babies and since OS/2 has lagged so far behind in the networking arena I
>will no longer be able to use it here at work much, except for standalone
>and general internet stuff.

I gave a copy of all my past archives for a mailing list to a friend.

Here are the steps he used to take PMMail messages and import them into
Outlook:

After looking at a few message headers, I saw that your msgs were posted by
PMMail, so I grabbed a copy; looked at PMMail's forum; grabbed The BAT!;
imported; exported to UNIX mailbox; grabbed Eudora; imported; ran Outlook
Express; imported from Eudora; exported to Outlook; ran Access; imported from
Outlook.... whew! But, I now have 15,537 messages in an Access database.

Here was his command line for using "The Bat!"

 thebat.exe
/IMPORTU="targAct";FOLDER="targFld";IN=c:\msgs\glpro2003.fld\*.msg

You have to use the command line with "The Bat!", if you use the import
dialog, it cannot handle a large number of messages.