[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 05:47:28 -0800

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:01:53 +0100, Sorin Srbu wrote:

>How did you import that unix mailbox to Eudora BTW? In my Eudora v6.2.1.2 I have only three choices to import, OL, OL Express and Netscape Messenger.
>
>Could you elaborate a bit on the procedure pls?

I haven't done this procedure, it's what a friend figured out to get a pile
of PMMail messages I sent him into Microsoft Access via Outlook via Eudora
via The Bat.

But my guess is that unix mailbox exported by The Bat is importable to
Eurdora via the Netscape choice.

Here is his only other message I can find about the subject (where I had
written back saying The Bat seemed limited to 500 messages at a time):

It took a few tries, but I did get The BAT! to import them all. Had to do it
from the command
line though. It even carried all of the attachments through to Outlook!

The only thing that didn't quite make it was non-plain-text formatting. The
messages in Outlook
still have it, but the import from Outlook to Access (apparently) strips all
of the HTML tags.
Not too bad of a result... except for some messages with code snippets that
were more readable
with formatting.