[pmmail-list] alright, I've had enough ...

Larry Alkoff pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 14 May 2005 21:22:09 -0500

Per Jessen wrote:
> Gents,
>
> when I reply to an email that was in UTF-8, it looks like my reply is sent, however
> when I check my Sent Mail, I only see half of it ... somehow PMMAIL chokes on the UTF-8
> bit.  I've had enough - Thunderbird here I come.
>
> It's a real pity.
>

> /Per Jessen, Zurich

Hello Per.  I see you have already received a message from pmmtb.

I used PMMail for many years since OS/2 days and liked it very much but
lately it has shown its age.

With pmmtb's generous help I converted to Thunderbird some months ago
and have been completely satisfied with the change.  Thunderbird is the
companion mail program to the Firefox browser which is taking the world
by storm.

Thunderbird is being actively maintained and has solved a lot of
problems I had with PMMail.  In addition, Thunderbird opens a directory
with a few thousand messages _much_ faster than PMMail because it stores
email messages in the industry standard mbox format which can be used by
just about any mail program around  - I'm talking a small fraction of a
second.

You won't be sorry if you change.

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX