[pmmail-list] saving attachments and deleting them afterwards

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 15 May 2005 06:29:12 -0400

Volker Beushausen wrote as follows on 05/15/05 03:45 AM:

> Here my question:
> I tried to save an attachment from a mail I received to my hard disk
> and afterwards deleting the attachement from the given mail and just
> keep the plain mail text without the attachement (to reduce storage space)
> But with both programs I could not make it happen.
> Did I miss something?

There is an extension for Thunderbird by Frank DiLecce at
<http://www.supportware.net/> that allows attachments to be saved and/or
deleted, along with other extensions, quoting only selected text in a
reply, automatic forwarding of messages, etc.

There is/was an utility at <http://www.doglovers.com/>, or similar
(search for "doglovers"), to detach attachments for MR/2 ICE, which uses
REXX and looks like it could be adapted for use with PMMail.

HTH.

--
 Ciao,
      Kenn

           _____ A Quote for Today _____

                     To the complaint,
  'There are no people in these photographs,'
    I respond, 'There are always two people:
         the photographer and the viewer.'
    - Ansel Adams, photographer (1902-1984)