[pmmail-list] corrupted files crash program

Dave Whiteman - NASA/GSFC david.n.whiteman at nasa.gov
Fri Jun 2 17:21:43 MEST 2006

Does anyone have an idea of what the PMMail developer is up to? And whether there is any inkling of hope that it might be upgraded? thx.

>On 02.06.2006 01:28, ehm wrote:
>
>> I'm using PMMail since 1993 or 94... can't remember and the only reason
>> why I could not switch to another program are two features I could not
>> match yet:
>> 1) signatures. The ability to choose the signature on the fly  is a big
>> timing saver. I receive about 100 real email per day and I have to
>> answer each one of them. So today I have 40% of my responses in a
>> signature and the other:
>> 2) canned reply. for the same reason I have another 50% of my responses
>> on canned reply. It left me with only 10% of my daily e-mail to be
>> answered by hand.
>>
>> I could not find any option on TheBat!.
>
>You might try Thunderbird.
>
>Concerning signatures: you can configure multiple identities into one
>account, each one using a different signature.
>
>Concerning canned replies: Thunderbird has a filter action "Reply with
>template". Looks much like what you need.
>

>I wrote a utility to migrate all your mail from PMMail to Thunderbird.
>Download it from here: http://www.dahlem.name/pmm2tb.zip
>
>Regards,
>        Robert

Dave

*********************************
David Whiteman, Ph.D.
NASA/GSFC
Code 613.1/Mesoscale Atmospheric Processes Branch
david.n.whiteman at nasa.gov
Building 33 Room D404 (office)        301 614-6703
Building 33 Room F421B (lab)          301 614 6775
Greenbelt, MD 20771                       301 614-5492 (fax)

Raman Lidar Group ->     http://ramanlidar.gsfc.nasa.gov
WAVES Field Camaign -> http://ecotronics.com/lidar-misc/WAVES.htm

Please use the lab address for shipments.