[pmmail-list] An XP query

Walter F. Metcalf walter.os2 at rogers.com
Fri May 19 19:38:17 MEST 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006 09:45:51 -0400, Jim Ferguson wrote:

>In recent weeks URLs which come embedded in PMMail text messages won't wake up the link when they are clicked on. Foxfire is the default browser. Any
>ideas?

I have found that problem is common with IBM Web Browser or Mozilla.  The
solution there is to put "OS2Web -turbo" or "Mozilla -turbo" in the Startup
folder or to run those programs near the end of STARTUP.CMD.  There may be a
parallel solution for the other browsers or not.  Apparently, for these links
to work, at least part of the browser must already be in virtual memory.

It also helps to make sure the directory containing browser .EXE file is in the
SET PATH and LIBPATH lines in the CONFIG.SYS file. :-)

HTH,

Walter

Walter F. Metcalf
VOICE Vice-President