[pmmail-list] Warning: PMmail 2000 can corrupt attachments when "detaching"

Steve (Home) steve at qmss.com
Sun Oct 8 14:35:00 MEST 2006

Saturday, October 7, 2006, 4:53:45 PM, Richard wrote:

> I'm afraid PMMail is getting a bit long of tooth, which is why I
> was testing Thunderbird. It has a lot of things I don't like, but those have workarounds, and I'm
> getting a little tired of struggling with the out-of-date aspects of PM Mail.

I fianlly gave up on PMMail myself (although as you can see I still monitor the list) after using the OS2 version and migrating to Windows.

I have, about a year ago, moved to The Bat!, and I am very pleased with it: it has the PMMail features I want: multiple accounts in one window, excellent filtering capabilities, and so on.  You should give it a try.  It *does* use the one-file-for email a la Outlook, but I haven't had any problems with it.  The migration of my old mail was an afternoon's work because I did it by hand: reading suggestions on the PMMail list on how to use a script etc., it seemed to me it would take me an afternoon to build the script and test it, so six of one, half-dozen of the other.  I just constructed all the folders in The Bat! and then imported from PMMail's matching folders one by one.

http://www.ritlabs.com/

--
Steve Ewing
http://www.qmss.com/~sewing