[pmmail-list] Subscription e-mail providers

Jack Weaver jackw at attglobal.net
Sat Jan 27 15:08:59 CET 2007

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:44:28 -0800, Paul Dhuse wrote:

>My copy of PMMail/2 works just fine with PacBell/SBCGlobal/AT&T DSL and has for years.
>Why do you think that it won't send mail from Comcast?

I have no idea where I got that idea, senior moment maybe?   I just tested the 3 mail servers that I deal with
and the only one that doesn't work with either PMMail/2 or PMMail 2000, both via Comcast, is AT&T
which I don't care about because I'm going to drop it soon.  I'll have to switch to AT&T dial-up to send this
message.  My other reason still applies however, I would like to get an e-mail address that I can keep if I
decide to change my ISP in the future.

>Jack Weaver wrote:
>> Does anybody know if the old version of PMMail/2, I'm using 2.10.2010, will work with e-mail
providers
>> such as lycos.com?  I'm running eCS R1.2 and I'm switching from AT&T Global  dial-up to Comcast
>> broadband.  I know that while this version of PMMail will retrieve e-mail from Comcast it cannot send
>> e-mail to them plus I want to get a "permanent" e-mail address so that I won't have to change it again if I
>> switch ISPs again in the future.

Jack Weaver				Webmaster
The Fanac Fan History Project		http://fanac.org/