[pmmail-list] ATT requires SSL

Bernhard Krevet krevet at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 17 04:25:24 CEST 2007

Hi
ATT will require SSL in the near future. When can we expect SSL support in PMMail 2000?
Thanks.

Excerpt:
Dear AT&T Yahoo! Member,

We're making some security improvements to your AT&T Yahoo! service. These changes will affect members who send or receive email from a desktop or mobile client program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Eudora, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird. [...]

To help us ensure the security of your email, you will need to change the settings on your desktop or mobile email client program. Alternatively, you may take the following steps to change the settings on your desktop or mobile email client program: Open your email client program.
Locate the email account settings for your particular client.
Change the POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com.
Change the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com.
Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and change the SMTP port to 465.
Check the option labeled Use an encrypted connection (SSL) and change the POP3 port to 995.
Confirm the above settings then click OK.
[\...]