[pmmail-list] big emails

Vertaalbureau de Vos vbvos at quicknet.nl
Sun Jan 20 20:52:48 CET 2008

Hello,

I recognise the problem and in my case it was the virus checker taking
endlessly to scan the outgoing mail. Once I told the program to stop scanning
outgoing mail the problem vanished. The problem was ultimately a timeout on the
server, PMMail contacted the server to upload mail but it was blocked by the
virus scanner until it had checked everything. By the time it had finished the
server had timed out.

Paul

-----------
Ben wrote:

Hello,

I have a very special problem on one of my PMMail installations on a WinXP
system.

When I sent bigger eMails (e.g. > 100 KB) then the upload speed is at first
normal but then slows down and finally halts at approx 57 kB forever.
The eMail is NOT sent.
This problem occurs for all my PMMail accounts but it does NOT occur when I
sent the same
eMail over e.g. Thunderbird and it does NOT occur when I sent the same email
with PMMail from another, second computer.

Because this problem appears only since a few weeks the reason must be found in
some modifications of underlying TCP DLLs
on my WinXP system - not in PMMail itself.
I could have (accidentially) changed some OS parameter/configuration settings
which prevent sending bigger eMails.

Can someone tell me what problem is?

Is there a log which shows more verbose the SMTP protocol and transfer progress
?

Regards
Ben

--