[pmmail-list] Receiving Mail from GMail ?

John C Humphrey jchumphrey53 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 06:48:27 CET 2010

Try looking at <http://www.sysadmin.md/how-to-access-gmail-smtppop3-service-with-stunnel.html> also perhaps <http://spampal.sanesecurity.com/manual_eng/servers/stunnel/stunnel.htm> (though it involves a spam filter also).  Essentially you need to set stunnel.conf to listen at an unused port with the "accept=" setting which is what you set PMMail to access and put the gmail severs & ports on the "connect=" line.  So if under [pop3s] you have accept=127.0.0.1:11110 and connect=pop.gmail.com:995 then PMMail pop server is set to 127.0.0.1 port 11110.  Similar for smtp as explained on the web pages.  You do need to start stunnel before fetching or sending mail.  It can also be installed as a service (explained on the spampal site) but as I understand it while stunnel is running it keeps its external ports open which could expose you to some security risk.

John