[pmmail-list] Can't decode attachments from MS Exchange mail clients

Richard Beeson richardelli at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 23 06:04:30 CET 2010

Does the attachment have an "ATT" extension? If it does, I have found two ways of dealing with it. One is to use the old ver. 5 of
Aladdin Expander to unzip it to the desktop, which opens up the elements. (Aladdin has to be set as the default program for ATT
files in the Folder Options). The other is to do the same thing with a program called Quick View Plus. It used to come with Corel
Wordperfect Products as a bonus piece of software. It opens files like this for reading, but not editing. Don't know if they still provide
it.

A third way is to go outside PMMail. I note the folder location and time the file was saved, then navigate to it in Thunderbird, and use
the "Open saved file" option in Thunderbird. These days it's about the only thing I use Thunderbird for, and obviously you have to
install it to be able to do this, if it isn't already on your system. Tbird looks for files with an EML extension. You have to tell it to look
for all files (*.*). I also use this method for messages loaded up with inline graphics. Fortunately, enough people seem to have
squawked about that fad that fewer of those come in anymore. Hardly any, in fact.

This last should work whether or not the file attachment is an ATT file in PMMail.

Hope this helps. Kludgy workarounds all, but they do work.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:04:08 -0400, Jeffrey Race wrote:

>Using PMMail 2000 Pro I find that I cannot access
>attachments due to a miscoding of the boundary
>marker line.  Has anyone else seen this? What is
>known about this?  I have to manually recode
>the header of the incoming mail to access the
>base64-encoded attachment.
>Jeffrey Race

Richard Beeson
richardelli at earthlink.net

Text-only (non-HTML) emails appreciated,
with separate attachments (no inline graphics).