Wish List Another Beginning

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:19:17 -0800

Friday, December 17, 1999, 6:49:38 AM, Jonathan wrote:
> What they can do is to periodictly log out and log back in.  That would
> allot the POP3 server to delete a certain number of messages.

    The problem here is that you're running into adding features for fringe
problems which are just better dealt with at the time.  Also there is a very
valid technical reason why it might fail.  How long does it take the server on
the other end to purge the mailbox of those messages?  If PMMail just drops
and reconnects it could do so before the server on the other end has a chance
to do anything.

    No.  Better to move to deal with it at the time or move to IMAP.