Problem setting up security key

Jimmy McCorquodale pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:13:10 -0500

This is one of the bugs that is corrected in the upcoming release.  We were trying for
Friday but it obviously didn't happen.

On an install without prior keys PMMail isn't creating them to workaround it, do
the following.

1. Close PMMail
2. Create a text file and rename it as pubring.pkr
3. Create a text file and rename it as secring.skr
4. Restart PMMail and point it at these keyrings

jimmy

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 12:10:09 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>Even though I have the professional version of PMMail 2000, I haven't
>used the security features until now. I am attempting to set up a PGP
>key using the security page on the account properties page. When I try
>to create a new key, it starts the process, then almost immediately
>pops up a dialog that says "bad parameters". I noticed that it wanted
>me to move the mouse around, but that point is pretty much done and
>gone before I can do anything. The dialog pops up immediately when it
>is doing the phase that says, "PGP is now generating your secret key.
>This may take a great deal of time."
>
>Has anyone else encountered this? What do I need to do? I'm running the
>Windows version under Windows NT (SP6a).
>

>John L. Swartzentruber		jswartz@rica.net
>Primatech Inc.			Harrisonburg, Virginia

PMMail 2000 Professional with PGP now legal for export !!!
As me about the upgrade

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr.
jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

Blueprint Software Works, Inc.