Wish: Turning off URL/Email highlighting

Kevin L. Hill pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 17:48:48 -0500

I use the OS/2 version (1.96a)and find the following to be very useful.

Position the cursor at any spot in the email address or URL.
Double click the left MB to highlight the email address or URL.
SIngle click the right MB to open a pop up menu to (a) email, (b) add
to address book, or (c) open browser and go to URL.

or

Control + / will select all visible text.
SIngle click the right MB will open up the pop up menu as above.  All
email addresses and URLs are automagically available from the pop up
menu.

Does PMMail (98) function this way?

I do think it would be useful to have a "copy" function available in
the pop up menu opened by the right MB.

On Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:53:58 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>    How many people would use a way to turn off PMMail(98)'s internal
>interpetation of URLs and email addresses?
>
>    Personally, I deal a lot with URLs, web addresses and email addresses
>that I want to C&P but find trying to highlight them a pain unless I use
>ALT-V.  While ALT-V work, it also displays the headers causing me to now
>scroll to find what was just on the screen.
>
>- --
>Steve Lamb
>Web Services Administrator, Earthlink

Kevin Hill