Email program comparisons

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:34:37 -0800

Wednesday, November 10, 1999, 8:39:02 AM, John wrote:
> Does anyone here have experience under Windows with both PMMail 2000
> and Eudora Pro? How do they compare? Any particular features that
> Eudora Pro is lacking?  I'm currently happy with the features of
> PMMail, but am getting a frequent access violation when I click on a
> link in a message. The problem be elsewhere, but I may look into
> changing email clients as part of narrowing down the problem.

    I don't know of features that are lacking but PMMail and Eudora Pro are
two entirely different beasts.

    PMMail isn't an MDI app; Eudora Pro is.

    PMMail keeps accounts completely separate; Eudora Pro throws everything
into a single inbox, uses a single outbox and has "personalities" for when
you reply.  There really is no concept of account separation.  This, to me, is
a problem since outbount mail archives aren't separate and you need to really
aggressively filter mail just to get sane mail separation.

    The filters are somewhat comparable.  The interface for PMMail, IMHO, is
much more polished.  To me, Eudora Pro is really a large bloated hack that
doesn't really adhere to the standards and conventions of the net.