No September Release!

Steve Marvin pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:00:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 07 Oct 1999 16:17:30 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>In case you were wondering, it has been officially confirmed that the
>PMMail updates will *NOT* be released in September as had been
>previously stated.  Nevertheless, we are not without hope as I just
>received the following response to my inquiry to PMMail Support about
>when the releases might take place:
>
>> Sorry Ralph, I still don't have a fixed date.  All I know
>> is they will be out "soon".
>
>With that official word from Southsoft, we may want to consider setting
>up a betting pool for everyone submit their best guess for the actual
>release date.  As for the winner's prize, I don't have anything
>particular in mind, but maybe something like Steve Lamb's private
>unlisted phone number that you could use to call him collect at 3AM to
>tell him exactly what you think about the way he trashed your favorite
>OS, be it Win9x, WINNT, OS/2, Be, Linux, UNIX, DOS, CP/M, etc. (at one
>time or another he's put them all down).  Also, in the interest of
>interest, I think we should limit any guesses to sometime between now
>and Oct 1, 2010.

I want the last day of September 2000, the recent move to the Seattle
area conferred on Southsoft the same privilege carried by a well known
Redmond giant. All software can be up to one year late. We just have
to hope that the other *rights* (imbedded bugs, inoperative features
and invented standards) are left out.