A new religious community?

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:44:17 +0100

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:50:44 -0400, Michael Vislocky wrote:

>We have seen the birth of a new religious cult.
>
>BoB & Ikon are the deity from which there is rare (if any) direct
>communication.
>
>This list is the medium for the prayers of the faithful.  (Plus a few
>confessions.)
>
>There are saints to whom prayers are directed who seem to have direct
>access to the Gods.
>
>And now there are collections.

Mike,

That really is very good - I think you have hit the nail on the head - a but what
kind of cult is it?

I seem to remember that after the last war some rather primitive tribes on South
Sea Islands believed that if they prepared airstrips an iron bird would descend
from the sky at bearing a an unimaginably desirable cargo. What could the
modern equivalent of this iron bird  be?

Maybe it would be a posting to this mailing list bearing an unimaginably desirable
attachment - and we all know what would be in it ...

But what do we have to do to persuade the Great God Bobicon to send us this
fabulous cargo? A small pile of juicy dollars new doesn't seem to have pleased
the Great One . May be a ceremonial mass deletion of Outlook Express or a
ritual corruption of graphics of the Great Satan BG ...

David