Bugs & Feature Status in Updates?

Trevor Smith pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:42:13 -0300 (ADT)

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 09:44:17 -0400 (EDT), Jerry Prather wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 08:29:44 -0500 (CDT), Maynard Riley
>wrote:
>
>>The OS/2 distribution is an .exe file, which is not viewable
>>with unzip, and which when run appears to go straight into an
>>install (ala Win), rather than unpack into a directory with a
>>read.me and the familiar Install executable.
>>
>>Personally, I don't want to do installs in this fashion. I
>>prefer to read the read.me and learn about what is going to
>>happen during the install, how to recover if necessary, and
>>just what the update is going to do for/to me.
>
>I agree 100%.  At least there has to be a point at the Read
>Me where you can bail out of the installation.

FWIW, the new system (an .exe file that launches an install program
instead of unzipping and clicking an 'install.exe' file) *DOES*
present the read.me file on the third screen displayed after starting
the program.  (First you see a short note saying "this will install
PMMail/2", then a license agreement, then the read.me file.)  There
*IS* a "cancel" button present on this screen (as on all screens)
which will cancel the install before anything has been done if
clicked at this point.

 Trevor Smith          | We've got a blind date with destiny,
 trevor@haligonian.com | and it looks like she's ordered
 www.haligonian.com    | the lobster.         - The Shoveler