The OS/2 hoopla.

Ralph Cohen pmmail@rpglink.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:28:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:53:02 -0700, Steve Lamb wrote:

>> on PMMail for our daily email needs, it doesn't explain you gross
>> mischaracterization of the messages posted so far on this list.
>
>    I dunno about you, but I got a bit miffed by someone characterizing the
>release as "barely rating as a bug-fix".  To me that is a slight against BSW
>because, like it or not, the release is from BSW.

In my opinion, it's an honest, accurate characterization of PMMail/2
2.10 and certainly nothing for BSW to get upset about.  BSW, as you
have repeatedly reminded us, had nothing at all to do with the release
besides slapping their name on it.  I doubt that even Bob and Ike would
be offended by the statement because they, most of all, would recognize
its accuracy.

>> (Besides, if anything that's said really does bother them they know that all
>> they have to do is hurry up and release the damn updates we were expecting
>> in the first place!<g>)
>
>    Ever stop to think that this may be why you have the release you are so
>ardently complaining about now?  :P

Nope, not really.  I have email from last year from Southsoft assuring
me there would be an update in January which would solve solve various
problems I and others had reported.  I believe, therefore, that I had
every right to expect that fixes promised a year ago would materialize
in this latest release.  Quite frankly, I had no way of knowing that
what I was being told by Southsoft wasn't true and that development was
essentially being put on hold for most of a year.  Had I been aware of
those facts, I would have been far less impatient about a release of an
update "barely rating as a bug-fix".  Garbage in, garbage out.

Ralph

rpcohen@neurotron.com