PMMail Update Plans II - Response

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 22:55:57 -0700

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 10:44:10AM +0900, Douglas Tan wrote:

> To the official and semi-official (read beta) lurkers here.  May I humbly
> suggest that the 30000 seconds be raised to 86400 seconds (24 hrs)?  That
> seems to me a fair compromise on this feature.

    Well, it comes down to the data structures inside, really.  I'm betting
they have an unsigned int(?) as the timer.  That would be 32768.  That doesn't
sound right.  Anyway, the next step up is  65536.  Who knows what the next
step up after that is.  Point here is this, 86400 is that next step up which
really goes much larger.  Ralph's idea of switching to minutes works, I think,
all depending on what Windows & OS/2 gives them as a range for the alarm
function.