Death Knell for OS/2 Client

David Gaskill pmmail@rpglink.com
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:54:52 +0100

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 09:38:30 -0400 (EDT), Darin McBride wrote:

<snip>

Darin,

Thanks for an interesting and informative post.

>Minor detail, but OS/2's scheduled end of service is March 2002 ... for
>WSeb.  Warp 4 is sometime in 2001.

I would be grateful if you would satisfy my curiosity on two points ; exactly what do IBM mean
by mean by   "scheduled end of service" and what is "Wseb"?

I reluctantly abandoned OS/2 a couple of years ago but I find this discussion very interesting
and, as Steve  has pointed out in another post, not at all "off topic" as the vast majority of those
that used PMmail do so on OS/2.

David