Have they given up?

Steve Lamb pmmail@rpglink.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:22:12 -0700

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 06:14:18PM -0700, Steve Wendt wrote:
> >A 'Lite' freeware version of PMMail will likely be released in the next week.

> What's that, an unregistered version without the guilt?  :)

    Actually, it is something that I recommended to Bob & Ike quite a few
years aho.  Chances are that BSW will do something different, but this is what
I tossed Southsoft's way.  They should release the old version of the client
with the multi-account capabilities disabled.  IE, when they make v3.0, take
out the multi-account capaiblities of v2.0 and release it as "PMMail Lite."
It would be highly functional, extremely powerful but clearly inferior to the
current version.  They just need to make minor bug changes and continue to
work on v3.0.  Then, when the next major change comes down the pipe, do it
again.  Release v4.0, drop v3.0 to the single-account restriction and release
it as "lite".