"Cannot resolve SMTP host name"

Markus Greiling pmmail@rpglink.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:41:22 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:05:25 -0600 (CST), John Thompson wrote:

>PMMAIL seems to have some <ahem> "idiosyncracies" in hostname lookups, at
>least in the OS/2 version.  I have been unable to receive via
>pop3.attglobal.net using PMMAIL for well over a year, but when I
>substitute the IP address 32.97.166.3 it works fine.  Other mail programs
>do not have this problem so I am quite sure it is a PMMAIL bug.

Just to say, that John isn't alone with his problem: One of my
POP3-Accounts only worked with the resolved address, while at
the same time the other accounts worked fine with the
unresolved hostname (past tense, since this account doesn't
exist any longer).

Regards,

Markus

--
PGP encrypted E-Mail preferred              Key-ID: 1024/F85BDDE5