PMMail/2 closes unexpectedly

Simon Bowring pmmail@rpglink.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:24:56 +0000 (GMT)

>1. Open PMMail/2.
>2. Open one message read window.
>3. Open OS/2's "window list" by pressing Ctrl-Esc or by clicking both
>the right and left mouse buttons on the Desktop.
>4. Highlight the entry for the opened read message window in the
>window list.
>5. Right-click and select "close" from the resulting pop-up window.
>
>Does this shut *just* the selected message or does it shut down the
>entire PMMail/2 program? (On my system it shuts down PMMail/2 and
>this was not the behaviour I was expecting.)

This is a long standing bug in PMMail - it shoudn't close down the
whole program, but it does.

Blueprint: Please fix this bug - I often accidently close PMMail
this way!

BTW: I received 4 replies to this message dated earlier than the
     original posting (some dated the previous day!).

     I think Trevor Smith, Norm, Ralph Cohen and Jim Nuytens
     should all check their TZ settings!

In the UK, you should have either:

	SET TZ=gmt0
or, better:
	SET TZ=gmt0bst,3,-1,0,7200,10,-1,0,10800,3600

The latter means standard time zone is called GMT, summer time is
called BST, daylight saving time (BST) starts at 2:00 on the last Sunday
of March and ends at 3:00 on the last Sunday of October.  Time changes
by one hour in daylight saving time.

Simon B