[pmmail-list] Help creating a spam filter

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 21:15:24 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:24:52 -0500, Clint wrote:

> I went over the help file again and I found the answer to my own question :0. I see that
> using the -e parameter will do what I want. I do have another question about setting up a
> filter though. Is it possible to specify that a particular filter (a spam filter for example)
> should be applied UNLESS the sender is found in the address book?

  From the ICSL Help:

---- cut here -------------

Sample Filters

      An unless construct can be implemented with the & ! (AND NOT)
       syntax in ICSL.  An expression that would match if the message

       had PMMail/2 v2.1 in the subject, unless it was from
       pmmail@blueprintsoftwareworks.com would be defined as follows:

            (header.subject.-s="PMMail/2 v2.1") &
            (!(header.from="pmmail@blueprintsoftwareworks.com")

            Alternative ways to define the exact same same filter:

            h.subject.-s="PMMail/2 v2.1" &
            !h.from="pmmail@blueprintsoftwareworks.com"

            header.subject.-s="PMMail/2 v2.1" &
            !(header.from="pmmail@blueprintsoftwareworks.com")