[pmmail-list] Download progress meter?

Paul Ratcliffe pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 22:17:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 09:49:22 -0700, Jeff Engelman wrote:

>This would be nice.  But I would also like to stop the file from
>downloading (if it is huge) and skip to the next file.  I'm not
>using the beta - maybe this was functionality was added.  -Jeff

There is no support in POP3 for abandoning individual message retrieval
once it has started. The only way is to drop the connection to the
server entirely.
For RFC compliant servers, this would mean all the mail you have
downloaded during the current connection would be left on the server
and you would probably end up downloading it again, which I guess would
cause much grief.