[pmmail-list] Manual filter suggestions

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 04:44:29 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 00:17:38 -0800, Ramit Sethi wrote:

>Two suggestions for manual filters:
>
>1. In the filter creation window, if 'manual' is checked, there should be no requirement to fill out the fields (search __, for __).

When you have 'manual' checked, it enables you to RMB click on a
message in the message list window, click on 'Apply Manual Filters' and
then select the filter you want to have run on the message or messages
you have previously highlighted.  This is why the filter must be set-up
before it can be used.

>2. If I manually apply a filter, I don't need PMMail to tell me "Filtering Complete!" I would much rather it not say anything at all; or at least
>give me an option to turn this notification off.

I agree.  It would be nice to be able to turn off the confirmations for
manual filters.

Ralph Cohen

rpcohen@neurotron.com