[pmmail-list] PMMail 2.20.2030 tested - works, but...

Andreas Ludwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:04:42 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi all,
I just tested the new beta for OS/2 (many thanks to Peter!).
Works as well as ever (no crashes so far).

SMTP authentication works (the one feature I need most, thanks a lot!
:-), but it is really slloooowwwwwww. It takes PMMail 67 seconds to
connect to mail.gmx.net port 25. Sending and disconnecting is as fast
as expected.

This is probably a PMMail problem (although there is no network traffic
for one minute, so PMMail could wait for info from mail.gmx.net),
because also normal SMTP sending (w/o authentication) is so slow with
the new version.

One more bug not fixed is the non-functional preview pane with adress
book manager open.

Good luck and thanks for the work done so far.

Andreas

--

Andreas Ludwig
from the beautiful town of POTSDAM (Germany)