[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 crashing

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 10:07:08 -0300 (ADT)

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 13:29:07 +0100 (BST), Francis wrote:

>I have an account with multiple folders to handle mailing lists.  The
>original time this problem occured, it only  happened if i tried to
>create a message while I was in a particular folder.  Creating a
>message when in any other folder exhibited no problem.  When I
>re-indexed the problem folder, it appeared to solve the issue.

Weird. I can't imagine how "being in" a folder could have any bearing
on creating a message.

PMMail does not, to my knowledge, have any idea what folder you "are
in" when messages are created. It does know what account you're in,
but that's all, as far as I know.

>Interestingly, I moved the PMMail directory to another drive and then
>back when I had to do a re-install a few days back.  Now I appear to
>have a "ghost" address book. i.e. if I use the Tools menu to add a
>sender's address to an address book, the requester page for the address
>books comes up but the first entry has no name (it is a blank line),
>but if I tick "edit first" - up comes the original address book. [I
>thought it had gone and created an new one.]

Can you send me (to me directly, not to the mailing list) your
addr.db and books.db files from your tools menu?

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support