[pmmail-list] Mail Filter for User Group

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:34:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:34:06 +0100, Alfred Haider wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i'm new in using PMMail. Now I'm trying to create a filter that moves
>all mails from user who are in an user group to a special folder.
>Can some show me how to do this with the complex filter settings?
>Thanks for your help.

It generally isn't necessary to create a complex filter to do that.
For instance, I use a simple filter to divert all messages from this
mailing list into a folder I've created.  The filter Search field is
set to "To:" and the For field is set to "pmmail-list@blueprint".  (I
determined that this is a common field in all messages to this list by
looking at the headers of the messages posted to the group.)

  Under "Type" I have the "Incoming" box checked so that the mail is
filtered as it is retrieved.  (When I first set up a filter, I
generally also check the "Manual" box so that I can be sure the filter
is working as expected.  This allows me to RMB on a message or messages
in the Incoming window, select Filters to get a list of all the manual
filters available and then select the one I want to check.  If it
works, then the appropriate message(s) should be moved to the
appropriate folder.)

Next, set the Actions to "Move message" and on the right hand side,
select the folder you want the messages moved to.  Click on OK and give
it a try by manually activating the filter.

HTH.

Ralph Cohen