[pmmail-list] PGPsdk and version 2.202380

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:09:44 -0400

Hello All,

I have not been up to date on the mailing list lately but I just received some information from Network Associates on the PGP sdk that the Professional version users will be interested in.

Network Associates has just released the source for the new version of PGPsdk 2.1 for review (http://www.pgp.com/downloads/default.asp for those of you who are interested).  I have not yet been given a date but they say the release will be very soon.  When this SDK is released it will allow us to add compatibility with PGP version 7.x

They will also be releasing a fix for the current PGPsdk (1.7.8) that corrects a recently discovered PGP vulnerability in the key validation.

===

2.20.2380 is a further correction to the SMTP authentication retires when CRAM-MD5 fails.  This version is currently available in the http://www.pmmail2000.com/betas directory.

Thanks,

jimmy