[pmmail-list] Share Address Book

Michael Lueck pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 08:08:58 -0400

On Sun, 09 Sep 2001 12:00:17 +0200 (MSZ), Boris Kirkorowicz wrote:

>One possible solution might be to set up PMMail as an network app, and
>if necessary password protect the accounts. Maybe PMMail won't work due
>to locked files on more than one Computer at the same time, but if it
>does ist should meet your request. Just try.

I have been requiesting a LAN ready version of PMMail for years, and have
offered consulting time to the developers to help design the product. Nothing
has happened. If you interested in such a beast, please voice your vote to the
developers so that maybe there will someday be a solution inbetween PMMail for
small needs and Notes for large needs.

On the technical side - as-is PMMail does NOT like two copies of PMMail.exe /
PMMailw.exe attaching to the same .\*.ACT and ..\Tools dirs. It is not designed
to look for other programs making updates to the file and ends up getting VERY
confused.

Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/