[pmmail-list] Pmmail/2 has ugly icons on my new system

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 01 Apr 2002 16:34:29 -0400

On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 15:09:07 -0400 (EDT), Tom T. Pauncz wrote:

>No luck I am afraid .. tried both suggestions and can see no change in the PMMAIL icons at all ..
>Oh well ...

The problem you're having is a bug/conflict with eCS and/or Scitech
Display Doctor. Are the icons just "faded" or unrecognizable
gibberish?

There should be help/info on the eCS and/or Scitech sites but here is
a reply I sent last year:
===============

This is a bug in FixPak 1 for WSeB. It can be fixed by using the
updated pmmerge.dll file from FixPak 13 for Warp 4.

Here is an old note I have regarding this:

  "The file, PMMERGE.ZIP, the fix for blank PMFAX pages and other
  programs displaying blank objects. An original fix was released on
  04/18/2000 and was found to have side effects. Some users
  experience Icon corruption. On 05/05/2000 this fix has been
  re-released with some updated files. See PMMERGE.TXT in ZIP file

inst
instructions."

http://ps.software.ibm.com/pbin-usa-ps/getobj.pl?/pdocs-usa/fixnews.html#fp13?/pdocs-usa/fixnews.html

--