[pmmail-list] Update from Peter Nielsen & a Survey

John Angelico pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:18:49 +1100 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002 09:02:26 -0500, jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
wrote:

>Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:39:46 -0500 (EST)
>From: "Gregory L. Marx" <Gregory.Marx@verizon.net>
>Subject: Re: [pmmail-list] Update from Peter Nielsen
>
>On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 10:33:47 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:
>
>It wouldn't work ...
>
>OS/2 users historically have promised the moon-and-the-stars to ISVs to write different applications ...
>But when push came to shove they ALWAYS bailed out for one reason or another ...
>

>The ONLY real way this would mean anything is if we were willing to put up the actual money in advance ...

Don't generalise - everyboy hates that! <g>

I have forked out good money to two software upgrade projects that have
died.  And I mean Aussie dollars which these days amount to double the USD
figures. I would still support PMMail by responding to a survey (have done
already) but this kind of experience makes one less willing to actually put
up the money these days.

>And quite frankly I don't see many people willing to do this ...
>
>IMO ...

Smile when you say thet, pardner...<g>

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Oh, no! Not *ANOTHER* learning experience!