[pmmail-list] Problems with PGP and PMMail 2000 Pro betas

Max Agapov pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:13:34 +0300

Hello,

I've discovered some bugs using PGP with PMMail.

Brief description of problem:
I beleive that all betas of PMMail 2.20.xxx impoperly encrypt messages with cyrillic letters. An
attempt to open later such encrypted message from 'Sent' folder produces error "Ascii
armor is incomplete". But after that PMMail properly shows message contents. On the
receiver side such message decrypts well, yet its original contents completely unreadable.
Messages without cyrillic letters are ok.
I've also found that PMMail version 2.10.2010 is not affected - it encrypts and decrypts cyrillic
messages correctly.

Some details:

Sender configuration:
Windows 2000 Professional with SP2
PGP Desktop Security 6.5.8
PMMail 2000 Pro, different beta versions. I've tested 2.20.2200, 2.20.2380, 2.20.2400. I use
KOI8-R as a character set, and Quoted-printable as an encoding format.

Receiver configuration:
IBM OS/2 Warp Server for e-business Conv. Pak #1
PGPfreeware 5.0i OS/2 for non-commercial use
PMMail 2.10.2010 for OS/2 using KOI8-R as a character set, and Quoted-printable as an
encoding format.

--
Best regards,
 Max                            mailto:maxa@bbt.ru