[pmmail-list] Back-Ups

dc pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 10:17:36 -0500

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_2609048=_=_=_

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question on backups.  I am not backed up and safe from disk failure.  One of the reasons I'm doing this is my recent experience with 2
blown drives within a week of one another.  Thanks agan.

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:05:56 -0800, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi, all you have to do is shut down pm mail, and go to the blueprint
>software works folder, and in the pm mail folder, copy the folder that
>begins with your email user name with the .act extension, and all your
>account information will be saved, to back up addresses, just go to the
>tools folder, and copy that, and then if you ever have to reinstall pm
>mail, just paste those folders in where they originally were, and your
>account information will be as if you never uninstalled.  Also, back up
>your pmmail.ini file, in the pm mail folder, I like to put a space
>between pm and mail, for speech users, even though the folder name
>doesn't contain a space, and is just called pmmail.  On Mon, 11 Nov
>2002 06:43:25 -0500, dc wrote:

>>I'm rather new to PMMail 2000.  Can anyone explain the best way to backup or archive my email?  I've looked through the help section but didn't see it.
>>Thanks for your help.
>>
>>Dean
>>
>>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>>with the first line of the message body being...
>>

>Marty

>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_2609048=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="11" DEFAULT="SIZE">Thanks to everyone who responded to my question on backups.  I am not backed up and safe from disk failure.  One of the reasons I'm doing this is my recent experience with 2 blown drives within a week of one another.  Thanks agan.<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 06:05:56 -0800, Marty Rimpau wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;Hi, all you have to do is shut down pm mail, and go to the blueprint<BR>

&gt;software works folder, and in the pm mail folder, copy the folder that<BR>

&gt;begins with your email user name with the .act extension, and all your<BR>

&gt;account information will be saved, to back up addresses, just go to the<BR>

&gt;tools folder, and copy that, and then if you ever have to reinstall pm<BR>

&gt;mail, just paste those folders in where they originally were, and your<BR>

&gt;account information will be as if you never uninstalled.  Also, back up<BR>

&gt;your pmmail.ini file, in the pm mail folder, I like to put a space<BR>

&gt;between pm and mail, for speech users, even though the folder name<BR>

&gt;doesn't contain a space, and is just called pmmail.  On Mon, 11 Nov<BR>

&gt;2002 06:43:25 -0500, dc wrote:<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;&gt;I'm rather new to PMMail 2000.  Can anyone explain the best way to backup or archive my email?  I've looked through the help section but didn't see it.<BR>

&gt;&gt;Thanks for your help.<BR>

&gt;&gt;<BR>

&gt;&gt;Dean<BR>

&gt;&gt;<BR>

&gt;&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;&gt;<BR>

&gt;&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>

&gt;&gt;<BR>

&gt;&gt;<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Marty<BR>