[pmmail-list] Shift-click multiple selections

John Angelico pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 12:55:43 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002 09:01:57 -0400, jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
wrote:

Hi Steve.

>Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 20:14:25 -0700 (PDT)
>From: "Steve Wendt" <stevew@shocking.com>
>Subject: Re: [pmmail-list] Shift-click multiple selections

>>I just tested what you describe, by selecting a message, reading it, using
>><esc> to close it (and return to message list), then immediately
>>shift-clicking another message. All the messages in the range were
>>highlighted as intended.
>
>I can reproduce his problem, using slightly different steps than what you list.
>Instead of pressing Escape, click the Delete button.  The next message in the list
>will be highlighted, but not selected, as pressing shift-click on another message at
>that time does nothing.

Hm, yes I have just tested that (didn't before) and reproduced your
results. <Must be scientifically valid then, right?<g> >

It looks as if either a) the highlight should be removed, since there isn't
a message selected or b) the message should be treated as selected since
the highlight is present.  So there probably is an inconsistency buglet in
there.

Best regards
John Angelico
OS/2 SIG
talldad@melbpc.org.au or talldad@kepl.com.au

PMTagline v1.50 - Copyright, 1996-1997, Stephen Berg and John Angelico
... Experiments should be reproducable: they should all fail in the same way.