[pmmail-list] Fwd: Mem Leak in Recent Betas

quaero@myrealbox.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 05:53:19 -0500

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002 19:37:28 -0500, Scott E. Garfinkle wrote:

>>I do have this listed as a bug and if it is possible, it will be fixed.
>I agree with other posters -- this caused me a tremendous amount
>of aggravation and wasted time until Michael told us the problem -- I thought
>my machine was dying!

Coming back to the memory leak problem - Are there any interim kludges
or solutions to minimize or at least staunch it?  I think I'm among one
of the susceptible ones with more than 8 accounts, multiple folders for
each and an average of at least 4000 messages in each folder.  I do
notice that PMMail 2000 takes approximately 1.5 to 2 minutes to start
up in my current configuration whereas a NEW installation would come up
in less than 4 seconds.

Is it a good idea to kill PMMail 2000 nightly via a cron job and then
restart it?  Will this free up RAM?

Regards,

Nick