[pmmail-list] feature request

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:55:50 -0700

On Fri, 06 Sep 2002 13:17:03 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi, list, a feature request I'd like to see, though with computers, I'm
>more of an idealist than a realist, and that would be to have the
>attatchments moved to the end of the message cue when fetching mail,
>though not sure how this would be done, maybe the small attatchments
>would be first, and the large attatchments would be the last in the
>cue.

You can already tell PMMail to "ignore messages larger than XXX bytes" in the
Account Properties -> Receive page.  You could leave that checked most of the
time, then when you are ready to try getting your LARGE messages, uncheck it
and do one more F2 fetch.

Other than that, "fetch messages in increasing size order" seems like a very
specialized featurette.  (There's no way to ask a POP server whether a message
has attachments, but you can find out the total size.)

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.