[pmmail-list] Windows beta 2634 available on pmmail2000.com

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:35:53 -0400

On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:17:21 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>>anti-virus software activity on incoming messages.
>
>Can you provide more details?

The problems that have been reported thus far were about crashes under
VirusScan (and other AV software) after a virus was detected. As of
yesterday afternoon, we were looking at a problem with messages being
deleted or altered by the AV software before PMMail accessed them. In
these cases, PMMail was simply crashing during or directly following a
fetch. While we haven't been able to repeat the problem here yet, but
we are locating scenarios that cause PMMail to crash and correcting
those. I also think that the occurrence of a crash is dependant on the
version and settings of your anti-virus software.

--
Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com