[pmmail-list] Address book and LDAP (was: More on PMINews & PMMail & OS/2)

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:32:07 +1000

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 08:44:08 +0200 (MES), L.Willms wrote:

>  I have a customer where I was able to sell PMMail, and they have VPOP3 as
>the mailserver on the NT server for their LAN, and VPOP3 includes an LDAP
>server (http://www.pscsp.co.uk). VPOP3 is much cheaper than MS Exchange
>server.

There is no way we would use NT and associated servers exposed to the
net without having audited source code. We can get that at no direct
cost including LDAP.

>  Using LDAP is just a bit rudimentary in PMMail, and can be improved.

Agricultural might be a better word :) IAC I don't know anybody without
a full-time SysAdmin who uses LDAP. It is trivial to set up for a
trivial demo and just as much work to do properly for a 5 user LAN as
for 5000.