[pmmail-list] Putting PMMail's data on a network drive

Kari Suomela pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:05:03 -0500

Thursday July 17 2003 22:16, Stephen Eickhoff wrote to All:

 SE> It occurred to me that people complaining about PMMail's poor
 SE> network
 SE> performance might be trying to run the program itself from a
 SE> network
 SE> drive. It's possible to place only the message store, address
 SE> book,

On a properly configured network drive, there is no problem. A major
problem, though, is CASE. It seems that different versions over the
years have created files sometimes in UPPECASE and sometimes in
lowercase. Of course, this creates a problem in accessing the network
directory from a MS machine. Indexing will never work, unless case
handling in PMMail is fixed to work consistently.

KS

   KARICO Business Services
   Toronto, ON Canada
   http://www.karico.ca