[pmmail-list] Installer fails on Win2K

PBK Solutions pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 14:07:33 +0100

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:28:07 +0100, PBK Solutions wrote:

>I have permant trouble when trying to install PMMail's latest version.
>But not only this, even when I try to reinstall version 2661 the

Thanks for your answers...

That's how I solved the problem:

- Uninstall PGP Free 7.x
- Copy the following files from another machine to the PMMail-Folder:
  o Pmmailw.cnt
  o PMMailw.exe
  o Pmmailw.hlp
  o PMMailw.TCK
  o ReadMe.txt (just to have it all complete ;-) )

- Install PGP 8 Personal

and: everything is up and working. I didn't change anything to the
registry - it seems to be impossible to get PMMail working as
System-Mail-Client that can be used by other application without
working hard on the registry.

I only wonder why PMMail-Support was unable to tell me these easy
steps...

THX,

   Pascal B. Kreil