[pmmail-list] One last try: Run-together lines.

Marc Lewis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
20 Mar 2003 23:54:33 -0600

Hello All.

<On 20Mar2003 14:26 Hayo Baan wrote a message regarding
[pmmail-list] One last try: Run-together lines. >

 ML> problem?  I've stepped back to 2.20.2502 on my Windows
 ML> machine to eliminate the issue, but I'd like to get back
 ML> into the beta stream if it's been corrected.

 ML> Will there be any further development of the OS/2 version?
 ML> I use both OS/2 (at home) and Windows versions on a regular
 ML> basis.

 ML> [I have 2 licenses.]

 ML> Getting the end-of-line problem with the Windows version
 ML> would be really nice.

 HB> Well, I don't know about the line problem with the windoze
 HB> version (don't use it).  But development on the OS/2
 HB> version is supposed to continue after getting a working
 HB> OS/2 version of the cross platform integration/development
 HB> library they are using to develop the windoze version (and
 HB> from which codebase the OS/2 version is to be
 HB> ported/recompiled).

The OS/2 version, for me at least, has been fairly good.  It
*does* have a few quirks (like loosing messages, requiring a
re-index and re-download of the lost messages).  But these have
been quite manageable.  For the most part it's been relatively
trouble-free on my machine.  It does share a common message base
with the Windoze version, but that doesn't seem to cause any
problems. (E.G. both the windows and OS/2 versions are installed
into the same directory on a common-mapped drive on a relatively
fast (550mHz) Warp 4.52 machine.  When I fire-up the windows
machine it looks at that commonly mapped drive to run PMMailW
from the directory shared by the OS/2 version.  (Only one
version can run at at any given time for obvious reasons.
Semaphores prevent 2 concurrent runs. )

 HB> I have nothing to do with them, but I am a happy PMMail/2
 HB> user who is definately hoping to get the promissed newer
 HB> version like you...

I do look forward to that, Hayo.  It will be interesting to see
what it looks and performs like coming from a somewhat common
source code.

Best regards,
Marc

-=- timEd/2 1.10.y2k+